is the National Organization for
Arts in Health.
4th Annual Conference: Oct. 19 - 21, 2020
Dear NOAH community,
Our hearts are heavy. The recent brutal deaths of George Floyd, Breonna Taylor, Ahmaud Arbery and Tony McDade, along with countless similar others over the years, are painful reminders of the systemic racism and inequities in our country. At NOAH, we stand firmly against racism and any practice that hurts or excludes our fellow human beings.
We have initiated and pledge to keep moving forward in the following ways:
- Educating the NOAH Board of Directors to learn how we perpetuate this system within NOAH.
- Stating metrics in the NOAH Strategic Plan to grow diverse representation on the Board of Directors.
- Identifying best practices through our NOAH Arts for Resilience in Clinicians addressing burnout, particularly in this COVID-19 pandemic. The pandemic negatively affects Black communities and low income citizens disproportionately.
- Working with our members to foster diversity, equity and inclusion within all aspects of arts in health.
- Shifted the focus of our member-driven COVID-19 Creative Response Forum Zoom Call, held biweekly, to include Racism. The Creative Response Forums for members will resume after our October 19 – 21 Conference. Members can access all the forum recordings in Member Resources.
- Today and always, all lives can’t matter until Black lives matter. We at NOAH hold space for individuals and communities of color in our lives, and promote respect and love for all.
NOAH Board of Directors and staff
Help Us Heal Our Healers
NOAH’s Arts for Resilience in Clinicians (ARC) project offers health care workers free art programs designed to help combat burnout and manage day-to-day pressures that can impact their mental wellbeing and work performance.
Members: the NOAH staff is working hard on our October conference. Our biweekly Creative Response Forums to discuss the arts during Covid-19 and the arts to address systemic racism will resume after the conference. Stay tuned!
What We Do
NOAH is a catalyst for the collective voices of arts in health;
coordinating, advocating, and amplifying the impacts of the arts on health and wellbeing.
Arts in health is an integral component to health and wellbeing.
To unite, advance, and serve the field of arts in health.
Become a Member. Get Involved.
When you join NOAH, you’ll appear in our member directory map, have the opportunity to participate in our Research and Professionalization Labs, add your events to the NOAH Event Calendar, and join an open NOAH Committee.
Photo courtesy of Erin McGee Ferrell
What is Arts in Health?
Arts in health is a field dedicated to using the power of the arts to enhance health and well-being in diverse institutional and community contexts.
Comprised of many subfields and affiliated fields, arts in health supports health as defined by the World Health Organization (WHO), as “a state of complete physical, mental, and social well-being and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity.”
— Arts, Health, & Well-being in America, NOAH, 2017
Code of Ethics & Standards for Arts in Health Professionals
We’ve published NOAH-endorsed Code of Ethics and Standards for Arts in Health Professionals, foundational documents to further professionalization of the field.
Are you on the map? Our Members are listed in our National Arts in Health Directory!
You can search the directory by name, organization, location, or interests!
Ways to Engage
The NOAH Research Lab video conference calls are a monthly chance for you to learn and connect around arts in health research.
Arts in Health Blog
We love to share our members’ news, events, call for proposals, publications, and job opportunities.
Join us for a webinar series that explores the NOAH Code of Ethics and Standards for Arts in Health Professionals.
Volunteer with NOAH
Interested in sharing your time and talent with us? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join a Regional Network
NOAH has established a structure for periodic program shares and symposiums and will soon be ready with quarterly individualized newsletters for all our chapters. Email us at email@example.com to get involved.
Stay connected, support our work.
Your support helps NOAH serve the collective voices of arts in health, amplifying the impact of the arts on health and wellbeing.
Follow us on social media