NOAH CONFERENCE COORDINATOR – PART TIME – REMOTE
Deadline for Applications is Friday, February 28, 2020
Summary: NOAH is currently seeking an experienced Conference Coordinator to plan and manage our annual NOAH Conference. The NOAH Conference is a 3.5-day event created for artists, arts administrators, healthcare professionals, designers, educators, students and anyone with an interest in arts in health. The conference is designed to provide opportunities for participants to exchange ideas, gain applicable knowledge, build connections and energize developments for the future of the field. In addition to presentations by individuals in the field the conference also includes pre-conference workshops, keynotes, receptions, awards ceremony and social activities. The NOAH Conference location changes annually and the Conference Coordinator will work in conjunction with the NOAH Conference Committee Chair(s) and NOAH staff on executing the event. This position works remotely regularly participating in meetings via conference calls as well as Zoom and Skype. In addition, the Conference Coordinator may assist with other NOAH events including but not limited to the Leadership Summit, In-person Board Meetings, and other strategy meetings/events.
Points of Contact:
The NOAH Conference Coordinator will report to the NOAH Conference Committee Chair(s) and will receive direction from both the Conference Committee Chair(s) and NOAH Administrator.
- Participate in conference committee meetings, board meetings and partner meetings as needed.
- Scout and suggest locations for various conference activities (opening reception, awards ceremony, open mic evening, tours) that fit with NOAH’s conference mission and enhance the conference experience.
- Collect expense estimates and contracts for venues, catering, entertainment, transportation etc. and present to Conference Committee and NOAH Treasurer for review and approval.
- Once approved act as main point of contact for event advance and execution (room set ups, AV needs, food and beverage requirements, timing, etc.).
- Collect post event invoices for timely payment and reporting.
- Create staffing schedule for conference to ensuring excellent customer service and smooth event execution.
- Assist in the recruitment, training, assignment and management of appropriate staff.
- Determine signage needs, create and order.
- Coordinate needs of keynote speakers including contracts, presentation and travel.
- Coordinate shipping, set up, break down and staffing of NOAH booth and conference supplies.
- Determine required quantity, order and pick up of onsite printed materials (schedules, maps, handouts, etc.).
- Creating and generating reports as needed before, during and after the event, including but not limited to financials, registrations, sponsorships, etc.
- Manage and oversee day of event operations including problem solving, escalating complex issues to Conference Chair(s).
- Plan and execute conference marketing initiatives, creative outreach and promotional strategies in order to increase conference awareness and registration.
- Create copy for website, social media, emails, newsletters and press releases. Work with NOAH staff to execute.
- Develop local/regional media contacts to promote conference in the area the conference is being held.
- Create required on site conference materials including schedule, maps, handouts, etc.
- Create sponsorship documents for distribution by Board members and website. Regularly document and distribute list of committed sponsors.
- Provide timely updates to conference registrants regarding conference activities, changes and additions.
- Act as primary contact for conference registrant questions, follow up on inquiries as required.
- Track registrations and provide updates to Conference Committee and Board.
- Create and maintain database of conference attendees for communication and future event promotion.
- Execute call for proposals, Hamilton Awards and scholarship applications – receiving applications, organizing and distributing for review by board, committee or jurors.
- Act as primary contact for submitters including notification of acceptance, scheduling and collection of required information for program and presentation.
- Research, suggest and contract for conference registration software or services in preparation for 2021 conference.
- Research, suggest and contract for conference submittal software in preparation for 2021 conference.
- Experience coordinating medium to large scale conferences and events or related experience.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to travel to event location and be onsite prior to and through event load out for event execution.
- Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism and discretion when dealing with the various parties involved (board, staff, attendees, presenters, sponsors, vendors).
- Strong organizational skills, high attention to detail, problem solving skills and ability to execute in a timely manner required.
- Ability to work independently and on multiple priorities at the same time.
- Capable of understanding budgets and ability to work within determined budget.
- Understanding, Experience or Interest in Arts in Health is a plus.
- Anticipate event needs and plan in advance for possible problems and issues.
This position is an hourly position requiring 1-5 hours per week. Additional hours may be required as the conference/event approaches as well as during the conference/event itself. The hourly rate for this position is $20.00.
To Apply: Deadline for Applications is Friday, February 28, 2020. Applicants should provide the following, emailed to [email protected] with the subject line “NOAH Conference Coordinator”:
- A resume with two reference contacts
- A cover letter expressing interest in and qualifications for the position
Creating an equitable work environment is part of NOAH’s commitment to advance diversity and inclusion in the field of arts in health. Applicants are encouraged to share if they identify with one or more historically marginalized groups (examples include but are not limited to Immigrant, Indigenous, International, LGBTQIA, Person of Color, Person with Disability, Person of Size, Socioeconomic Disadvantage). This is not a requirement for submitting an application. NOAH is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.