The Art for Health Program supports in-patient units with bedside art to enhance patient care, allowing our patients to focus on their health, to relieve their stress, and to lift their spirits. Facilitators provide caring guidance, to Stanford Health Care patients in exploring their creativity through 1:1 bedside art interaction. Art Facilitators should have strong interpersonal skills and be committed to providing excellent patient experience using effective and compassionate communication principles.
Locations: Stanford Health Care
Position: Arts for Health Facilitator, Patient Experience
Job Type: Part-Time Contractor
This role reports to: Arts in Wellness Program Manager
• Provide art sessions for patients and family members interested during unit rounds.
• Assess the patient’s interests in art and help the participant select an art project that is suitable.
• Guide and assist patients through an art project that meets their needs.
• Guard patients’ safety by practicing appropriate hand hygiene and infection prevention strategies, having all participants gel their hands before the art session, wear masks when needed etc.
• Document appropriate information on patient interactions.
• Maintain art inventory.
• Helps with other projects for the program when needed.
• Promote the program to clinical staff across different departments and units.
• Respect confidentiality
• BA or equivalent in visual arts/art education preferred.
• Two (2) years of experience teaching art or facilitating art sessions.
• Some experience in hospitals preferred.
• Has excellent listening skills.
• Has excellent interpersonal skills with both patients and staff.
• Has a clear understanding of his/her role.
• Holds professional boundaries with patients and family members.
For more detailed information about this position or to apply
email [email protected]