RxART is seeking a highly motivated individual for our summer 2020 Internship. RxART is a NYC-based nonprofit organization whose mission is to help children heal through the extraordinary power of visual art. We commission exceptional contemporary artists to transform sterile healthcare facilities into engaging and inspiring environments. For nearly 20 years, RxART has completed almost 50 projects with 60 artists in hospitals throughout 18 cities in the U.S.
RxART Interns play a big role on our small, yet powerful team. We are passionate about what we do, and we seek Interns who will be too. It is essential that interns are effective communicators who are adaptable to an array of responsibilities. RxART internships offer the opportunity to gain valuable hands-on experience in a dynamic nonprofit arts organization, developing essential skills in arts administration.
Social Media, Marketing and Development Intern Duties Include:
– Help develop social media strategy and maintain a calendar of brand related content
– Facilitate production of in-house marketing material, including design and assembly
– Maintain Salesforce database: contact and gift entry, list and report pulling, content cleaning
– Conduct detailed donor prospect research
– Assist with donor mailings: acknowledgments, annual appeals, newsletters, invites
– Provide support for cultivation events
– Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite (especially Photoshop and InDesign), Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Vimeo (knowledge of WordPress and MailChimp a plus).
– Strong organizational, writing and research skills
– Interest in and knowledge of contemporary art
– Ability to be proactive and work collaboratively
The start date would be June 2020. We require our interns to commit to a schedule of at least 3 days per week for a minimum of 3 months. Internship is unpaid, but qualifies for academic credit.
Please send a resume and cover letter including availability to firstname.lastname@example.org.