Raw Art Works (RAW) was founded in 1988 and in 1994 opened a space in Lynn, Massachusetts, with a group of passionate art therapists and resident artists who shared the belief that good things happen when kids feel they are a vital part of a creative community that truly cares. Youth at RAW are welcomed into a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment the moment they step through the door. The relationships they create at RAW sustain and strengthen their ability to navigate a challenging and often unfair world.
The Program Director will oversee the delivery and performance of current programs, including fee-for-service contracts and relationships, in accordance with organizational goals and priorities. Reporting to the Executive Director and serving as a member of leadership team, the Program Director will explore new initiatives for potential program growth, champion and actively participate in the strategic planning process, nurture the high quality of work that the program team produces, recommend improvements as necessary, and regularly celebrate successes.
Roles and Responsibilities
Program Strategy and Advocacy
- Set organizational priorities and success metrics, partner with teams to set goals aligned to larger organizational priorities, and support the Executive Director in refining the vision and forward direction.
- Champion and actively participate in the strategic planning process, exploring new initiatives for potential program growth.
- Serve as a member of and bring impact stories to the leadership team that inform funder communications and support the organization-wide culture of philanthropy.
- Contribute to annual and other periodic reviews of organizational goals and partner with the development department in the creation of funding proposals and impact reports.
- Develop and lead community-building events with other agencies and manage outreach initiatives in Lynn and beyond, generated externally or internally, assuring that activities align with RAW priorities.
- Serve as an ambassador for RAW and communicate programmatic activities and outcomes externally.
- Embrace other program strategy and advocacy roles, as needed.
Program Delivery and Performance
- Make high level organizational decisions and establish clear and effective communication at the executive level, across teams, and throughout the program department.
- Perform annual review of program evaluation process, compile and analyze evaluation findings with staff, and provide recommendations and action plans to adjust program goals and design as necessary.
- Promote clear expectations for accurate and timely data collection by program team; oversee data collection; and utilize data to analyze key drivers and barriers to program progress and performance.
- With support from program team, oversee youth application, placement, and waitlist process, including specialized placement-related communication with families, especially for students with special needs.
- Celebrate successes and recommend changes and course corrections as necessary.
- Collaborate with the Director of Operations to develop, implement, and monitor the program budget.
- Embrace other program delivery and performance roles, as needed.
- Honor RAW’s culture of consistent, direct, and honest feedback through staff performance management, including overseeing annual goal setting and a review process that addresses performance issues as they arise.
- Oversee the program management team, providing weekly guidance and maintaining availability to each program team member, as needed.
- Set standards for quality of work that the program team produces and hold the team accountable to organizational priorities and expected outcomes.
- Provide leadership development, mentoring, and other opportunities that support the professional development plans of team members.
- Model core values, manage conflict, and ensure decision clarity.
- Embrace other team leadership and mentoring roles, as needed.
Click here or more information or to apply.
Submitted by: Danna Solomon, Leadership Transitions & Data Administrator, Arts Consulting Group