Presented by the University of Florida Center for Arts in Medicine and the Arts Health Early Career Research Network
The Arts in Health Research Intensive is designed to provide a rich introduction to the field of arts in health and fundamentals in evaluation and research. Across five days, participants will:
- explore the development and scope of the field
- consider the physiological, social and behavioural impacts of the arts in a health context
- analyse research and evaluation methodologies that underpin the field
- learn about practicalities, issues and methods in arts in health research
- engage in group-based discussions, program and protocol development, and presentation
This course is suitable for anyone with a background or interest in the arts, healthcare, community health or social care, and research, and who wishes to learn more about the field and meet others who share their interests. No research experience is necessary, and all levels of experience are welcome.
The program includes one week of on-site programming at the University of Florida and a set of online modules designed to be completed prior to the program.
Dr. Daisy Fancourt, University College London, UK; Director, Arts Health Early Career Research Network
Dr. Judy Rollins, Center for Arts in Medicine, University of Florida; College of Medicine, Georgetown University
Jill Sonke, Center for Arts in Medicine, University of Florida
Partial scholarships, based on merit and financial need, are available. Scholarship awards typically range between 20% – 50% of the program fee. Applications are due October 16, 2017. Click here to download the scholarship application.
For more information visit the event site here.